Friday, May 09, 2008

on the road: HOT FUDGE CAKE!

Ivan loves hot fudge cake from Shoney's. He really loves it so much. At the end of our first US tour, he was talking to his parents and telling them all about the cities we went to and how the shows were. His dad said, "Did you get to go to a Shoney's?" Sure did. "Did you get the hot fudge cake?" You know we did.
I realized the hot fudge cake was a whole thing. For the whole family.
On our second tour, Ivan asked our drummer, "Do you like hot fudge cakes?" He said, "Naw man. I don't like fudge." It got really quiet in the van for a while. A solid three minutes went by and Ivan sheepishly said, "You don't like any kind of fudge?"

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I just saw you guys last night at Johnny Brenda's in Philly and what an amazing performance! Or should I say dramastically pleasing?! I could have watched you guys play all night long, no joke.

I first discovered you a few months ago while watching "Sex and Breakfast," and now I'm proud to say you easily top the list of my all time fav indie bands.

Keep on rockin' and keep on preachin' your manifesto. You guys are brilliant in so many ways.

Susannah

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about the bread pudding at Old Country Buffet.